Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some of Burnley attackers caught

Two people now in custody. Only need to find the rest.

Comments on the previous news articles however reveal more allegations of abuse and local people being chased. Take for example this from Ben from Bacup posted on Monday:

Well I just took my dinner from work. I work in Bacup and went to the Co-Op.
I work across the road from Bacup Leisure Hall, so people who know the area know it's not a long trek.
On the way there, chavs saw me and hurled abuse at me, including 'batty boy'. That would never have bothered me, but after hearing of these increasing attacks I suddenly feared for my own safety as I saw there was 20 of these chavs.. and one of me.
Quickly I was in the co-op, but soon I was out again.
This time I walked past them coming the opposite direction on the side where the big red/purple/pink (ever changing with the light) section of my hair was visible to them.
One of the chavs yelled out 'You're next fag!'
I don't know what he means by that but I was suddenly feeling very uneasy and wanted to get out of there as soon as I can.

This isn't anywhere near the first time this has happened as chavs usually yell abuse at me pretty much every day.

I'm looking to move into the city (Manchester) soon where emos and goths are more accepted.



No comments: